Wealthify doesn't support your browser

We're showing you this message because we've detected that you're using an unsupported browser which could prevent you from accessing certain features. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience. Find out more about which browsers we support


As a parent or guardian, learning more about Child Trust Funds could not only help your child or children make the most of theirs, but instil healthy financial habits from a young age, too.

Please note that some links on the blogs below may direct through to Wealthify’s product pages.


Of the 6 million Child Trust Funds (CTFs) that were opened, 1.7 million were opened by the government. It’s likely that some parents or guardians don’t know where this money is or how to access it. Thankfully, claiming a lost CTF is as easy as 1,2, FREE!

1. Go Directly to HMRC

If your child is aged 16 or over, they can look for their own CTF. If possible, however, it's worth sitting down with them and doing it together.

• Get started by heading over to HMRC's website

• They'll also also need their National Insurance number and Government Gateway ID (or register to get one).

2. Use Sharefound

The Share Foundation (aka Sharefound) is a charity that helps young people aged 16 or over find their CTF. They could help your child find theirs if:

They are aged 16 or over and their birthday is not before 01/09/2002

Click here to get started with Sharefound  then why not read our blogs on Child Trust Funds and financial education below?


We want everyone in the country to have access to Future Skills. So, if you know someone who might benefit from this website, why not share it with them?