Wealthify is an ambitious, multi-award-winning online investment company located in Penarth, Wales. We’re here to inspire anyone to build their future wealth, and we do this by making investing easy, affordable, and accessible.
We want to inspire as many people to invest as possible. We’re rapidly growing, and so we’re hiring talented people who are purpose driven and want to use and develop their skills to deliver an awesome experience to our customers.
Our team is engaging, inquisitive, and inclusive, reflecting many different beliefs and backgrounds. We welcome people who can bring diversity to our team, and work towards a shared goal to deliver an exceptional investment experience.
What your job will be:
Working within a small team, you’ll assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to ensure Wealthify is always compliance with its anti-money laundering and financial crime regulatory obligations.
Key duties will be
- Onboarding and ongoing client compliance and financial crime controls, including validation of Know Your Customer (KYC) checks and scrutiny of any further evidence requested
- Production and recording of suspicious activity reports for the MLRO
- Assist the MLRO with the periodic review of the financial crime prevention documentation and lead by example for compliance with the company standards
- Provide training for new and existing staff in financial crime matters as required
- Assistance in creation in conduct risk MI and other statistical analysis.
Skills we’re looking for:
We value simplicity, communication, teamwork, trust, and confidence. These core values are what make us tick and keep us all on the same page - not just with how we work individually, but how we engage with each other and the service we offer.
- Previous experience working in a financial crime / KYC environment preferably within a financial services regulated business.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C or above
What else we’re looking for:
- A team player – friendly, personable, diligent, empathetic, well organised
- Confident with multi-tasking whilst holding the ability to pay attention to the detail
- An aptitude for computer-based work – a good level of Microsoft Office knowledge and an ability to learn new systems quickly
- Hard working and can ‘get on with it’– a natural passion to want to work hard and be proud of your work quality and ethic
- Strong organisational and communication skills are paramount
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday a year – plus bank holidays (you’ll earn an extra day holiday for each full year you’re with us, up to 28 days)
- Flexible working hours 37.5 hours a week between 8am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working from home, and all interviews will be carried out remotely. Our offices have recently been refurbished to allow for collaborative working once we can return, although there is scope for remote working where the role and team deliveries allow.
And we have plenty of perks too!
- Annual bonus between 0-20% of your annual salary which is linked to both the company and individual performance.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service cover (x3 your annual salary)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthify - a team to support the health and wellbeing of all staff at Wealthify
- Ministry of Fun – providing plenty of social activities and events throughout the year
- Brand new offices in the picturesque Penarth Marina
- Free office gym
- Free parking nearby
- A collaboration space and games room
- We’re a responsible company and are constantly working to improve our culture, ethics, impact on the environment, and our contribution to charitable causes
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic, fun, and friendly company. If this job sounds perfect for you and you’d like to apply, then please click here to apply for the Financial Crime Executive position.