Stocks and Shares ISA
as featured on Money To The Masses
Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) are a little gift from the UK government, so you should really make the most of them.
WHAT IS AN ISA?
- ISAs are a great way for UK residents to save or invest up to £20,000 tax-efficiently each year
- There are four main types of ISA for over 18s: Cash ISA, Investment ISA, Innovative Finance ISA and Lifetime ISA
- You can open one each of the four ISA types per year, and split your allowance between them (up to £4000 in a Lifetime ISA)
- You can open an investment ISA with Wealthify, provided you haven't opened another stocks and shares ISA this tax year
With investing your capital is at risk.
We want to help make your money work harder. It’s simple – you choose what type of investor you want to be, from cautious to adventurous, and we’ll build you an investment Plan and manage it for you.
There’s no minimum investment, and you can withdraw anytime with no penalties. We also offer ethical Plans, so you can easily invest in line with your values.
Minimising loss is the priority. Small movements up and down in Plan value are acceptable, with the aim of beating inflation.
Limiting loss is important. Moderate movements up and down in Plan value are acceptable, with the aim of achieving reasonable growth.
Minimising losses is as important as making gains. Movements up and down in Plan value are acceptable, with the aim of achieving good growth.
Making gains is the priority. The risk of large losses and large movements up and down in Plan value are acceptable, with the aim of achieving high growth.
Maximising returns is the priority. The risk of substantial losses and substantial movements up and down in Plan value are acceptable, with the aim of achieving the highest growth possible.
Looking to transfer an existing isa?
Why would you transfer?
- Save money on fees if you're paying more for your other Stocks and Shares ISAs
- Your money won't be locked away, you can withdraw or transfer at any time
How to do it?
You can transfer previous years' Stocks and Shares ISAs or Cash ISAs to a Wealthify Stocks and Shares ISA. Transfers don't impact your current allowance at all, so you can still invest up to £20,000 this tax year. Always, always, always use the transfer form. Never withdraw the money yourself to pay in, as you'll lose your tax-free benefits on that money forever. Simply set up a Wealthify ISA Plan first, then we will give you the transfer form to fund your Plan with your previous ISA.
When you transfer an ISA to Wealthify, you should always use the official ISA Transfer Form to retain the ISA tax benefits
To find out more, download our Guide to Investment ISAs.